A Message to Our Members from Stitching M.O.E.T Foundation: Cyling Rally
Dear GNBCC Members,
Cycling from Accra (Ghana) to Yoya (Burkina Faso) sounds a bit extreme right? It is going to happen this summer! And we are not just cycling because we love cycling in the Ghanaian sun. No! With a group of 30 students from Amsterdam, have accepted this challenge because we are celebrating the opening of a new school. Why will 30 students from Amsterdam cycle all these miles to celebrate the opening of a school in Burkina Faso you ask? Well, the reason for this extraordinary trip is due to our foundation, Stichting M.O.E.T. (Met Onderwijs Een Toekomst = Through Education A Future) opening its second school this summer. For over eight years, Stichting M.O.E.T. has provided the CFTP/M.O.E.T. Craft School in Bobo Dioulasso (Burkina Faso) with funds raised and funds donated by students (members) of the biggest student association of The Netherlands. The CFTP/M.O.E.T. Craft School provides the children of Bobo Dioulasso (Burkina Faso) with education, which enables them to have a better future.
The success of the first project contributed to the development of our second project, an agriculture school. 80% of the population of Burkina Faso live off the production of its agricultural sector. In two years, children of the local farmers will have the opportunity to learn different techniques on how to work efficiently in the sector.
Stichting M.O.E.T. has 6 board members between the ages of 21-25, who are all students at the University of Amsterdam. The organization raises money to support the children and students in Burkina Faso through the organization of fun events and projects in Amsterdam. This cycling rally is our newest project. We will celebrate the opening together with 30 students from our student association who are all ambassadors of Stichting M.O.E.T.
We as board members of Stichting M.O.E.T. are very proud to inform you that we’ll start this adventure on the 26th of June, 2017 and the journey will last 2,5 weeks.
This will be our planning/route:
26 June till 28 June - Arrival and stay in Accra.
Day 1 = 29 June: Accra - Kumasi 260 km drive.
Day 2 = 30 June: Kumasi - Techiman 180 km drive and cycling.
Day 3 = 1 July: Techiman - parque national Mole. 200 km drive and cycling.
Day 4 = 2 July: A rest day in the Mole park, close to Nakwabi.
Day 5 = 3 July: Nakwabi - Wa (80 km).
Day 6 = 4 July: Wa - Yagha (62 km).
Day 7 = 5 July: Yagha - Boe (58 km).
Day 8 = 6 July: Boe - Koleka (60 km).
Day 9 = 7 July: Koleka - Bondigui (60,6 km).
Day 10 = 8 July: Bondigui- Bobo Dioulasso.
Our aim is to cycle 50 kilometers per day (except the Accra-Kumasi track because of the dangerous traffic). If it will be too tough, we will cycle less and drive a bit more.
This adventure takes some doing. It is quite a challenge to organize such a trip in West-Africa from our office located in Amsterdam. That is why we want to kindly reach out to the Members of the GNBCC for assistance. We can use all help available, and will be grateful for any help given to us.
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
* Contacts who can welcome us at the villages or cities we pass. If you know of a nice accommodation or have a friend along our route who will be willing to meet us and help us, let us know! We want to organize football matches with the local population.
* A Bus for 25-30 persons, a van and a little truck for our luggage.
* A guide who can help us navigate our way through Ghana and who knows the people of Ghana and its languages well.
* Participants who want to accept this fun challenge with us and join (a part of) our cycling trip through Ghana.
* Companies who want to be a part of this cause and sponsor our trip by helping us get water, food, spare parts, tents, cycling gear etc.
In return, we will offer your company exposure and publicly on the anniversary of our student association (15-23 July) which will attract 15.000 unique visitors. One of our board members recently graduated from the Dutch TV Academy and he will make a documentary about our trip and the schools in Burkina Faso.Your company can have their name on our cars, shirts, Facebook or documentary.
You can visit our website: http://www.stichtingmoet.nl for more information. Send us a message on our Facebook page (Stichting M.O.E.T.) or send us an email. We hope to hear from you and meet some of you when we are in Ghana!
With kind regards,
President Stichting M.O.E.T.
GNBCC | News
- Introducing New GNBCC Project Manager of Liberia - Theo Dennis
- NBC 2017 Finalized with Matching Day
- Port Mission to The Netherlands D-Day: 6th of October
- MBC Africa Holds Its Maiden Start-Up Investor Conference
- Government Discontinues Tax Exemption Requirement
- Investcorp Market Review - 22nd September, 2017
- GNBCC Cocktail Hosted by Midonar & NAAG Held Yesterday
- Press Release of GNBCC’s Premium Member - IOI Loders Croklaan
- Call Up For Dutch Port Mission Amsterdam/Rotterdam
- No Hope For Textile Industry
- Alkebulan’s Awakening: Post Contemporary Dance Production And Installation
- Ecom Learning and Development Co-ordinator
- Sebastian Roy Osumanu : How One Ghanaian Used Photoshop To Create Fake Phd Awards
- Thursday, 14th September: GNBCC Cocktail Hosted by Midonar and NAAG
- Increase Of Port Charges ; Call Up For Comment
- Think! Data Services Ltd And Akvo Foundation Sign Partner Agreement
- New Member: Union Capital Limited
- Access MBA Invites You To Their One-to-One MBA Event
- Overcoming The Challenges In The Export Of Agro Products To The EU Market
- NFP Alumni Event on Food Security and Land in West Africa, Ghana
- Ghana Renewable Energy Fair
- Ghanaian Student from UCC Makes History with 5 PHD Awards in Amsterdam
- Reconsider 3% VAT Flat Rate Scheme (“VFRS”) – Recommendations by AMCHAM Ghana and supported by GNBCC
- Join the IAC Accelerator Programme Batch 2!!
- HFC – Infanta Ride Out Malaria Cycling Tour
- In Memoriam: Ronald Vlasman
- Third SLNBCC newsletter out now
- Auto Parts West Africa and Ghana Motor Show, Int. Trade Fair Center on September 13-16, 2017
- Training Intercultural Management on Sub Sahara Africa by itim International
- From the Dutch Newspaper: Thieves transport luxury cars to Ghana
- Govt Will Not Tolerate Inexplicable Charges, Delays At Ports — Veep
- Request for Co-Sponsors for GNBCC September Cocktail
- GNBCC Member Invitation to Client And Media Event This Monday
- AGI Boss Calls For Raw Material Policy To Feed Ghana's Agro-Processors
- New Business Challenge News & Movie
- Member news: Shell Global Customer Excellence Awards Announce Ghanaian Winner
- GPHA to e-harmonize billing this month
- Ghana's free zones records $2.3bn worth of exports in 2016
- New Business Challenge 2017 Finale
- GNBCC Cocktail Hosted at the Dutch Ambassador’s Residence
- New Member: Koka Shipping Services Limited
- Vivo Energy and MIDAS Announce a Collaborative Pan-African Partnership Agreement
- 3 August: GNBCC cocktail and Final New Business Challenge 2017!
- Member news: Access bank adjudged best sustainable bank
- GIPC CEO's Breakfast Series
- Non-oil sector growth ‘disappointing’ – IFS
- Invitation To Sponsor And Exhibit Your Products… At The Ghana Library Authority Exhibition Show
- Ghana Design Network Holds Focus Group Meeting
- Member news: Vivo Energy Ghana Wins Top Awards at COPEC OMC’s Awards
- Ghana Investment Summit 2017: GNBCC Promotion
- Looking for national service placement: Priscilla Agyemang-Duah
- Successful 1st GNBCC Business Breakfast
- INVITATION TO THE MESH CONFAB
- President Sirleaf Receives Letters of Credence from Ambassadors of Sweden, Mali and The Netherlands
- Official Start of the New Business Challenge - Study Trip To The Netherlands
- Economy Still Fragile – Ken Thompson
- GNBCC Business Breakfast "Pro Business Policies versus Taxation: possible?"
- Invitation To Visit Training Program FOR YOUNG IT GRADUATES
- New Member: Savannah & Sahel Company
- New Member: Cedars Investments Limited
GNBCC Member Ducomas Has Reinforced Yard / Off-Dock
Container Yard For Rent
- Ken Ofori-Atta Faces Parliament Over 3% VAT Controversy
- GNBCC's Annual General Meeting (AGM): 6 July 2017
- Participants New Business Challenge 2017 ready for Study Trip Netherlands!
- New member: Agrona Company Ltd
- New member: Temphousing Ghana Ltd.
- More cuts to import duties coming (B&FT)
- Tomorrow 29 June: GNBCC cocktail hosted by Via Water, IHE and GNBCC
- Job opportunity at ECOM Ghana
- New Member: Koudijs Animal Nutrition
- New member: Jobnetafrica now in Ghana!
- VIA Water presents Fabulously Failing Forward Workshop
- Daily Graphic: Let’s fight Galamsey in the Textile industry
- VIVO Energy Staff and Host Community embark on a Clean Up Exercise
- Looking for work: Yasmine Najja
- Dutch delegation meets with Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority
- Succesful GhanaVeg Horticulture Trade Mission to Ghana
- Second SNBCC newsletter out now
- Agyarko assures industry of cheap power as Energy Summit opens (B&FT)
- Member activity: IAC workshop on June 30 2017
- Dutch Education and Career Fair held on 7 & 8 of June in Accra
- Report on GIPC’s City Business Festival in Alisa Hotel (Swiss Spirits)
- Packaging Design Workshop held for AGI members
- Invitation Ghana Investment Summit 2017 (Netherlands Chamber of Commerce)
- 'We cannot publish tariff formula online' – PURC
- Looking for internships
- Invitation to support Ghana's largest creative confab
- GNBCC PAYS A COURTESY VISIT TO THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF GHANA, HONOURABLE DR MAHAMUDU BAWUMIA
- The Dutch Education and Career Fair next week Wednesday and Thursday in the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra !
- KICK OFF NEW BUSINESS CHALLENGE 2017
- Ghana Veg Trade Mission
- “Protectionism is not the right way to go”--Yofi Grant
- Attention: Marious Manneh, a business administration student is looking for a 2 months internship.
- Child Labour Symposium at the Embassy of the Kingdom of The Netherlands findings and conclusions
- Dutch Education & Career Fair
- Successful 2nd Freezone Meeting Tema
- Akufo-Addo Reaffirms Plans For Private Sector
- Opportunities To Meet Dutch Horticulture Trade Mission In June 2017
- Ghana Design Network Co-Organises Design Thinking Conference
- Packaging Workshop for Food Processing Trade Mission Delegates
- Ghana Design Network Pays Courtesy Call T0 Ministry of Communication
- Ghana Mining & Energy Summit 2017 - May 31st
- A Message to Our Members from Stitching M.O.E.T Foundation: Cyling Rally
- GHANA PORTS & HARBORS AUTHORITY TO HALT INEFFICIENCIES AT THE PORTS – VEEP DIRECTS GPHA
- GIPC Economic Counsellors Dialogue 2017
- High Electricity prices and related issues
- Ghana Ports To Run A Paperless Administration By September 1
- National Service Personnel Placement : Priscilla Agyemang-Duah
- YEP Ghana Network meets with Dutch Ambassador in Accra
- EBO Cocktail on 31st of May (by invitation only)
- GNBCC Member, Peoples Pension Trust and Partners Launch Mobile-Money Enabled Pension Scheme
- Introducing a new service from Kharis Global Group
- IAC (Inclusive Agribusiness Centre) Accelerator Programme Registration is ongoing
- Postponement of GNBCC Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Invitation to Design Thinking Ghana Conference (DTGC)
- Dutch Ambassador: 'Reduce fiscal deficit to attract investors'
- The smuggling problem in Ghana
- Registrar General Department temporarily not functioning
- Looking for National Service placement: Richard Nti Ampofo
- King's Day supplement published in Business & Financial Times
- GNBCC Annual General Meeting: 18 May
- First SNBCC members and monthly newsletters
- Intivation to meet Ghanaian Agro-Processing delegation in the Netherlands
- Public annoucement: Tema Roundabout Road Works
- Invitation to Access Bank Golf Tournament
- Looking for work: Ernestina Takia Odorkor
- GNBCC office closed on May 1st
- New Business Challenge 2017 is open for applications
- Orange Week 2017: Fuse It Festival and Holland Ghana Jazz Night
- Government cleans payroll and Pensions Registry - close to 50.000 "Ghost names" are to be removed
- NAAG organizes King's Day Health Walk
- MDF launches the IBA Hub Accra Ghana
- Vivo Energy and VIP launch new bus service to Kumasi
- New Premium Member: Ntrakwah & Co, Legal Practitioners and Consultants
- Cargill launches its own Licensed Buying Company in Ghana
- News from EBO-Ghana on new GRA rules
- Easter holiday
- Well-visited KLM-cocktail at GNBCC office
- Sierra Leone Business seminar in Amsterdam 6 April
- Introducing Ophelia Attah
- NRSC and GES laud Vivo Energy Ghana for 360-degree approach to road safety
- B&FT Offer: Special Publication on Netherlands Kingsday Celebration 2017
- Ghana International Trade & Finance Conference
- New Member: COMEXAS / NileDutch
- Business dinner with deputy Minister designate Robert Ahomka-Lindsay
- Join the GhanaVeg Horticulture Trade Mission to Ghana 12-16 June
- Plans of the new government to improve business climate
- Save the date: IBA Hub Ghana Launhching Event
- Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW) - call for proposals
- Koningsdag 2017: invitation for all Dutch in Ghana
- Ghana Design Network (GDN) Signs Memorandum of Understanding with KNUST
- GNBCC tailor made business events have started!
- Vacancies GNBCC Board
- The Netherlands-Ghana Business Fair The Hague
- First session Ghana Business Star Growth Program
- Wastewater Treatment & Re-use in Ghana: Prospects for Sustainable Development
- GNBCC Cocktail hosted by Zodiac Marine
- LNBCC launched with Dutch community in Liberia
- Safi Sana factory in Ashiaman officialy opened this week
- Mr. Paul Asare Ansah (GPHA): "Scrap nuisance tax in port on transit trade"
- GNWP session “Wastewater Treatment and Re-use in Ghana: Prospects for Sustainable Development”
- Portraits Ghana Photography Prize 2017
- REMINDER: GNBCC Cocktail Thursday 16 March at GNBCC office, hosted by Zodiac Marine
- Invitation to the opening of the Safi Sana 'Poo Power' Factory - March 15th
- PwC Presents Budget 2017 Highlights: “ Sowing the Seeds for Growth and Jobs”
- Workshop “Identifying and Creating New Market for Sustainable Agribusiness Development”
- Clean Energy Summit Africa, 4-5 April 2017 in Accra
- Vivo Energy: Sefwi Ntrentso Community to benefit from clean water supply
- Looking for employment in Ghana: Gerrie van Soeren
- Budget 2017: Tax Reliefs Summary
- Air France-KLM: leader between Europe and Africa
- GNBCC Member Story: Agro Eco - Sustainable Agriculture, Health and Nutrition
- Are you a Dutch business and do you have a great business idea? Submit it to Making Africa Work!
- Vivo Energy: More Children to benefit from the Otumfuo Education Trust Fund
- Available for assignments: Sylvester Abitty
- New Business Challenge 2017: we are looking for one more company
- DENG/DSTC organized a Solar Water Pump training on 22-23 February
- Profitable business in Ghana for sale
- Looking for work in Ghana: Rosalie Koevoets
- Business news
- Maxim Nyansa: admission now open for next training programme for IT graduates in Ghana
- Unilever pledges to support government
- Member Story: Wella Investments - Where Customer Needs Are Satisfied
- Last chance to sign up for the Ghana Business Star Growth Program!
- Ghana's Business Climate in the News
- Member news: Shell expands its services in Kumasi
- Be a partner or sponsor of the African Business Day 2017
- GNBCC colleague participates in presentation Young Expert Program (YEP)